Model in question: Roll Mobility Alpha Lightweight Wheelchair 16″ Seat with Swingaway Footrests.
Okay so I took this sucker out for a run and here’s what I found out.
– It was certainly affordable.
– The seat is quite comfortable.
– Easy operation for anyone pushing.
– No suspension meant that sometimes on uneven ground one of the big wheels would float in the air. This means that my wheel chair will spin until the other wheel manages to find traction.
– You’d think that uneven ground would be hard to find, but this includes asphalt, sidewalks and basically regular paths.
– Sidewalk ramps are hard to negotiate and you often have to reverse to go up them… shoddy workmanship on the part of the sidewalk builders.
So other than the lack of suspension giving control problems, the wheelchair’s actually okay. The paths and roads are a complete disaster, however.